[Glade-devel] Glade 3.10.0 Released
Tristan Van Berkom
tristanvb at openismus.com
Mon Apr 4 23:58:14 EDT 2011
Glade 3.10 is finally here, and by the looks of it, late.
Glade 3.10 is the first stable series of Glade that depends on GTK+3
and it is parallel installable with previous versions of Glade which
depend on GTK+2.
Some major changes:
- There is no libgnomeui plugin anymore
- No deprecated widget classes are included
- The Python plugin now uses PyObject (which uses GTK+3)
instead of the old pygtk bindings (this means that to use
your python widgets in the Glade runtime they need to be
ported to use PyObject)
- This version of Glade is sealed and we will do our best
to maintain API/ABI compatibility in following releases
- Glade comes with the preview feature which is also a stand-alone
'glade-previewer' program (for packagers, this should be included
in the same package as the libgladeui-2 library).
Special thanks goes to:
- Juan Pablo the Magnificent our hero who is responsible for
the sexy new workspace look and feel (and also there to help
me fix and wrap up the builds in the last minute).
- Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita for his work on the new preview feature
- Florent Thévenet for creating icons for every widget class
- Openismus GmbH for sponsoring my work on Glade.
Some additional information about this release can be found in
my blog http://blogs.gnome.org/tvb/2011/01/15/the-glade-dl/
What is Glade?
Glade is a RAD tool to enable quick & easy development of user
interfaces for the GTK+ toolkit and the GNOME desktop environment.
The user interfaces designed in Glade are saved as XML, and by using
the GtkBuilder GTK+ object these can be loaded by applications
dynamically as needed.
By using GtkBuilder, Glade XML files can be used in numerous
programming languages including C, C++, C#, Vala, Java, Perl,
Python, and others.
- Fixed some glitches in the new workspace - Juan Pablo Ugarte
- Removed the unwritten user manual from the menus.
- Added support for GdkRGBA properties
- Add support for editing the PangoFontDesctiption in GtkLabel
- Put File->Properties before Quit in the File menu -
- Added GObject introspection generation to the build -
Pablo Castellano & Alan Knowles
- Added support for GtkRecentChooserMenu
- More last minute sealing of the api (privatized some
- Created the GladePreview object to handle previews and fixed
preview related bugs - Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita
- Added support for editing GtkGrid
- Icons now available for all widget classes -
Florent Thévenet and some by Dolean Samuel.
- Cleaned up the palette by removing H/V subclasses.
- Added support for GtkAppChooser* classes.
- Migrate from PyGTK to PyGObject introspection-based bindings -
- Some refactoring of GladeEditable and custom editors in the
- Added a special "deprecation" graphic to overlay on
top of deprecated widget icons.
- Added high-resolution applicaiton icon -
Jakub Steiner / William Jon McCann
- Refactored the core to automate the management of internal
children - Juan Pablo Ugarte
- Fixed loads of bugs, some fixes by Christopher Aillon,
Craig Keogh, Cosimo Cecchi, Juan Pablo Ugarte
Where can I get it ?
For more information on the Glade project see our home page
More information about the Glade-devel