[Mono-devel-list] [PATCH] Reworked unified Locale classes
kornelpal at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 18 04:34:59 EDT 2005
You requested some numbers because wanted to know the real impact. I sent it
to the list a long ago but I did not receive any response.
Please review the benchmark results and tell me whether this overhead is
worth or is too much.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005
>> From: Miguel de Icaza
> From: Ben Maurer
>> I want to know the real impact (we have the tools, it should take a few
>> minutes at most to find out the numbers).
> The best way for Kornel to do that (just as an FYI since he has probably
> never used the tools) is to run:
> mono --stats foo.exe
> mono --profile foo.exe
You are right I have never used these tools.:)
I tested "internal static string GetText (string message)" without
INSIDE_CORLIB. It is a very common code. getTextLock and SafeGetText are
required anyway. GetResource is not changed significantly. I tested
GetTextResourceManager without resource files (just used the transparent
GetTextResourceSet) because the current ResourceManager and ResourceSet
implementations are not currently effective enough and there are no
localized resources yet. And of course localizing resources from files will
result in worse performance anyway but it depends on ResourceManager and not
I attached the source files and the results:
mcs /out:OldLocaleBenchmark.exe LocaleBenchmark.cs OldLocale.cs
mcs /out:NewLocaleBenchmark.exe LocaleBenchmark.cs NewLocale.cs
mono --stats OldLocaleBenchmark.exe >OldLocaleBenchmark.stats
mono --profile OldLocaleBenchmark.exe >OldLocaleBenchmark.profile
mono --stats NewLocaleBenchmark.exe >NewLocaleBenchmark.stats
mono --profile NewLocaleBenchmark.exe >NewLocaleBenchmark.profile
I have runned this on Windows.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 12782 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/mono-devel-list/attachments/20050718/a3676f47/attachment.gz
More information about the Mono-devel-list