[Mono-dev] Mono Debugger on Windows Patch
martin at novell.com
Tue Mar 10 14:16:00 EDT 2009
thanks a lot for this patch.
Just a few comments:
* Please don't use DebuggerConfiguration.IsRunningOnWindows -
DebuggerConfiguration is for storing persistent state and things
the user can configure.
I think the right place for this is Inferior.IsRunningOnWindows,
the Inferior can also auto-detect this.
* DebuggerOptions.InferiorArguments must be kept platform-neutral
and thus we can't add null at the end there. The OS-specific code
should do that.
* We shouldn't use any `#ifndef WIN32' conditionals in
backend/server/library.c. Instead, we should add new methods to
the `InferiorVTable' and have a custom implementation in
x86-ptrace.c and x86-windows.c
* I like the GnuReadLine -> LineReader abstraction :-)
* Regarding ThreadManager, if we need larger changes there, it may
make sense to make `ThreadManager' an abstract base class and have
a custom implementation for Linux and Windows.
Martin Baulig - martin at novell.com
Novell GmbH, Nördlicher Zubringer 9-11, 40470 Düsseldorf
GF: Dr. Jürgen Müller, Sylvia Geil, Felix Imendörffer; HRB 21108 (AG Düsseldorf)
More information about the Mono-devel-list