[Mono-dev] WCF and TransportCredentialOnly

rjhdakota rjh at homeseer.com
Tue Feb 15 15:07:31 EST 2011

I am working on a WCF service in MONO and currently testing it under MAC OS.
I had 2.8 but updated to the latest in SVN. My service is allowing
connections no matter how I set it up. Is user authentication supported?
Here is my service, note that it works fine in Windows and I can validate
user/pass with my custom validation function. On the MAC, my client always
connects, no challenge to the user/pass. Am I missing a property?

Public Sub WCFStartService()
        ' http service, one-way

        Dim binding = New
        binding.Security.Transport.ClientCredentialType =

        Dim address = New Uri("")
        ServiceHost = New ServiceHost(GetType(HelloService))

= Security.UserNamePasswordValidationMode.Custom
= New CustomUserNameValidator

        ServiceHost.AddServiceEndpoint(GetType(IHelloService), binding,
    End Sub
Sent from the Mono - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.