<html><body><div style="color:#000; background-color:#fff; font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:12pt"><div><span>I reported a few of them in Bugzilla, but I wasn't sure if that database got any attention, e.g. the </span><span>DataGridView.SelectionRows bug was</span><span> reported months ago and go no reply. I don't currently have an account on GitHub; if I absolutely must have one, I'll go make one, but I wasn't planning to do that unless I started making tons of changes or something. Also, how does one write a unit test for something that has to be verified visually (e.g. fixing ToolStripItem.BackColor) or via user interaction (e.g. fixing DataGridView.SelectionRows)? So I suppose, yes, I need help :-)</span></div><div><br><span></span></div><div><span>Steven Boswell<br></span></div><div><br></div> <div style="font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 12pt;"> <div style="font-family:
times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 12pt;"> <div dir="ltr"> <font face="Arial" size="2"> <hr size="1"> <b><span style="font-weight:bold;">From:</span></b> Stifu <email@example.com><br> <b><span style="font-weight: bold;">To:</span></b> firstname.lastname@example.org <br> <b><span style="font-weight: bold;">Sent:</span></b> Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:06 PM<br> <b><span style="font-weight: bold;">Subject:</span></b> Re: [Mono-dev] Patches for mono-winforms<br> </font> </div> <br>
Hello,<br><br>Thanks for your work.<br><br>If I'm not mistaken, you reported each of these bugs, right? At least I<br>could find the two first ones in bugzilla, but didn't go further. Anyway, I<br>suggest you make pull requests for each bug separately, specifying the bug<br>number. Also, please include unit tests with each patch, highlighting what<br>was fixed. I know it's more work, but it will make commiters more confident<br>with your changes, and will guarantee no one will ever break these parts<br>again.<br><br>Let me know if you need help.<br><br><br>Steven Boswell II wrote<br>> <br>> I work in a shop where our apps are written with C# and WinForms. Thank<br>> God for Mono; I'm allowed to do all my work under Linux with Mono, and my<br>> code works fine under MS Windows and .NET.<br>> <br>> Recently, I ran into a showstopper bug in mono-winforms, and finally<br>> decided to look through the code. I fixed the bug
quickly. That led me<br>> to looking for the source of other, non-showstopper bugs I've encountered,<br>> and those went quickly too. Enclosed is an archive with all of the bug<br>> fixes I made, which were made against the latest version on GitHub. (I<br>> originally made these bug fixes against version 2.10.5, the most recent<br>> one in Fedora Core 16's yum repos.)<br>> <br>> Patch 1 implements the EditingControlShowing event in DataGridView.<br>> Before, it wasn't called at all. I had to split a<br>> DataGridViewCell.StyleEditingControl() method off of<br>> DataGridViewCell.InitializeEditingControl(); under .NET, ComboBox.Items is<br>> initialized before EditingControlShowing is posted, and this split was<br>> necessary to get Mono to work that way too. Styles modified in the<br>> EditingControlShowing event are now applied to text-box and checkbox<br>> controls too, not
just combo-boxes.<br>> <br>> Patch 2 resolves different behavior between .NET and Mono when the user<br>> leaves a DataGridView. Under .NET, the last-edited cell is committed;<br>> under Mono, changed made to the last-edited cell are lost. It was a<br>> one-line fix.<br>> <br>> Patch 3 fires the DataGridView.SelectionChanged event when the selected<br>> rows/columns changes. Before, the values of the SelectedRows and<br>> SelectedColumns properties were semi-random during the SelectionChanged<br>> event; now they're accurate.<br>> <br>> Patches 4 and 5 fix two different exception-throws I encountered when<br>> ComboBox.Items.Remove() is called with an item that's not in the combo<br>> box. .NET doesn't throw any exceptions in this case.<br>> <br>> Patch 6 fixes the implementation of BackColor on ToolStripItem objects.<br>> Now it behaves like it does under .NET, i.e. the
BackColor setting on<br>> menu items etc. shows up.<br>> <br>> I would very much appreciate it if you would consider committing these<br>> changes. My MS-Windows-oriented co-workers were impressed by how quickly<br>> bugs in Mono can be found and fixed. Who knows, maybe I'll get some<br>> converts to open-source. (It amazes me that this sort of thing still has<br>> to be evangelized...sigh.)<br>> <br>> Steven Boswell<br>> <br>> _______________________________________________<br>> Mono-devel-list mailing list<br>> Mono-devel-list@.ximian<br>> <a href="http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-devel-list" target="_blank">http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-devel-list</a><br>> <br><br>--<br>View this message in context: http://mono.1490590.n4.nabble.com/Patches-for-mono-winforms-tp4649620p4649621.html<br>Sent from the Mono - Dev mailing list archive at <a target="_blank"
href="http://Nabble.com">Nabble.com</a>.<br>_______________________________________________<br>Mono-devel-list mailing list<br><a ymailto="mailto:Monoemail@example.com" href="mailto:Monofirstname.lastname@example.org">Monoemail@example.com</a><br>http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-devel-list<br><br><br> </div> </div> </div></body></html>