[Mono-osx] "Getting Started with OpenGL using MonoMac and MonoTouch" tutorial available
philippe.monteil at dolce-vista.com
Fri Apr 22 07:34:42 EDT 2011
Getting Started with OpenGL using MonoMac and MonoTouch
This demonstrates a number a the key techniques one needs to master in the
context of OpenGL programming with MonoMac and MonoTouch.
It shows how to:
- create a customized NSOpenGLView based class using InterfaceBuilder,
complete the code generated by MonoMac, have it perform OpenGL drawing
operations, make it depth test aware, transparent...
- create a customized UIView based class using InterfaceBuilder, complete
the code generated by MonoTouch so as to make it OpenGL aware and display
OpenGL generated drawings.
- create, compile, activate Vertex and Fragment shaders.
- create 2D/3D colored/textures Vertex Buffers
- manage FrameBuffer Objects (FBOs)
- produce the matrixes for a given 3D scene
- connect vertex buffers/textures/matrixes to shaders
- render vertex buffers
- create textures from CoreGraphics drawings
- perform per pixel lighting using a Fragment shader
- use offscreen renderings to produce a texture, transfer its content to a
CGImage displayed in a (NS/UI)View
The tutorial is made of two solutions: MonoMac.sln and Monotouch.sln
Each solution contains the same two projects:
This assembly proposes a number of reusable classes encapsulating such
various services as vertex/fragment shaders compilation, camera/projection
matrixes calculation, textures generation ... along with the source code of
the demonstrated OpenGL sequences.
The COTKProgram class encapsulates the creation, compilation, activation
of a pair of Vertex / Fragment shaders.
The DVMatrix4x4D class exposes a number of methods making easy to
calculate the matrixes used by Vertex Shaders to perform the World / Camera
/ Perspective transformations needed to visualize 3D scenes.
The COpenTKSamples class exposes a number of 'public static' methode
providing the code of the OpenGL sequences proposed by the tutorial.
The COpenTKUtilities class exposes a number of general purpose, reusable
methods invoked by the Test application.
- Tests: an application demonstating the proposed techniques.
View this message in context: http://mono.1490590.n4.nabble.com/Getting-Started-with-OpenGL-using-MonoMac-and-MonoTouch-tutorial-available-tp3467799p3467799.html
Sent from the Mono - OSX mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the Mono-osx