[MonoDevelop] Accessing GUI Commands

Scott Ellington scottellington at comcast.net
Fri Sep 23 12:31:55 EDT 2005

I have been trying unsuccessfully to access certain GUI commands from my
add-in.  The main one is the NewProject command which pops up the

I have been scouring the source code trying to figure how to run this
command.  It seems that I would need to use
Runtime.Gui.CommandService.CommandManager.DispatchCommand to do it, but
I would then need the CommandId key which is of type System.Object and I
don't know how to get it.

Does anyone have any hints?  Is there an easier way to access this