[MonoDevelop] Unable to start Monodevelop
tberman at off.net
Wed Sep 28 03:07:26 EDT 2005
On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 22:43 +0100, Paul wrote:
> > You need to run 'make clean all' from the root MD checkout.
> The report came from a completely clean checkout and build. Had it been
> from a build on my test box which is constantly updated, I'd of tried
> that first.
Thats fine. Did you make uninstall first?
Here is my guess as to the series of events.
1) Paul has a copy of MD installed, and that copy of MD was built with
the Boo binding.
2) Paul decides to upgrade his copy of MD.
3) Paul downloads, builds, and installs. This time without the Boo
4) Paul neglects to make uninstall the *old* copy of MD, resulting in a
BooBinding.dll from the *old* MD attempting to be loaded by the new MD,
which has API changes.
5) Paul emails the list, because he doesn't understand that he should be
running a make uninstall of an old copy of MD from the old source
location before running a make install of the new copy.
6) Paul and Todd engage in a mini-flame war because Todd is a giant
asshole, who generally can't stand pointless questions by people who
seem to tell other people how to do things they are incapable of doing
themselves (general case of knowing your own, etc), as well as being
mildly irritated by the expression "TTFN" :).
More information about the Monodevelop-list