[MonoDevelop] Win32 patch
taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 12:28:14 EDT 2006
> After applying your patch, what does one need to build
> and run MonoDevelop on Win32? Dependencies?
Here's my process:
* Install the Experimental Combined Mono and Gtk# Installer for Win32,
as well as the GRE/Gecko# installer. (
* Install the Evolution Win32 installer. (
* Copy everything from the Evolution and GRE/Gecko# installations into
the Mono install location. ( defaults to c:\mono\MonoX-22.214.171.124 )
* Backup etc\mono\config from the Mono install location.
* Install a more recent version of Mono (I'm using HEAD) over the older one.
* Restore the backed-up config file.
* Add the Mono install location's bin\ to your PATH.
* Set PKG_CONFIG_PATH to the Mono install location's lib\pkgconfig.
* Edit the Mono launcher script ( bin\mono ) and remove the line that
modifies the PKG_CONFIG_PATH.
* Install cygwin. (Or msys if you prefer, but there may be additional
At this point, you should be able to build MonoDevelop successfully.
After a successful build, you will want to remove all the .config
files from the output directory. ( find build/ -name '*.config' )
Then run using `mono --debug build/bin/MonoDevelop.exe -ipc-tcp`
Tcsh: Now with higher FPS!
More information about the Monodevelop-list