[MonoDevelop] Help to install Monodevelop

Petit Eric surfzoid at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 02:53:21 EDT 2008

2008/9/30 Everaldo Canuto <everaldo.canuto at gmail.com>:
> Hey Thiago,
> Could you run on console and provide us the log?
> Anyway, Fedora 4 is very old so I am not surprised that you have
> problems, MonoDevelop is a desktop app and I understand the use of old
> distros for server but for desktop maybe you could upgrade ;-)
> Also, you compiled glib and gtk, sometimes in 64bit you have mixed 32
> and 64 bit libraries, could be something like this, with the log we
> can tell you more.
> Ah, you English is fine ;-)
> Everaldo.
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 10:11 PM, Thiago <thiagormp at yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>> Good night
>> I using Fedora 4 (64bits) and i try to install monodevelop version 1.0.
>> After upgrade the glib, gtk and others packages i can install the
>> monodevelop. But when i try to use a exception ocorrence like undefined
>> symbol gtk_widget_modify_cursor.
>> I invesgate by my self, and discovery that the libray gtksourceview don't
>> link with this functions. In my libgtk-x11-2.0.so i find this function
>> normal, but i can't link with the gtksourceview. I think that i'm doing
>> something wrong when i'try to compile gtksourceview.
>> Anyone have any idea for i can compile the gtksourceview corret?
you should try to use svn list svn://anonsvn.mono-project.com/source/trunk
to get, compile and install in order, mono, libgdiplus, gtk-sharp and
finally MD, don't select all with MD configure just use the def
profile, i also suggest you to use --prefix=/usr and uninstall
gtksourceview, this one is now only used for something with database
addon all the rest use the integrated Editor.