[mono-android] Runtime reliability of 1.0.2

Andrew Sinclair andrew at magic5software.com
Mon Aug 15 12:38:49 EDT 2011

All,

I'm getting worse runtime reliability with 1.0.2 than with 1.0.1.

For instance, seemingly-random WIN DEATH messages with no Mono for Android
error within well-exercised parts of the application that have worked fine
for a long time.

With 1.0.1 this type of thing seemed to be GC-related, but I don't see such
an obvious pattern here (ie. a crash isn't associated with a GC_EXPLICIT
just beforehand.)

Is anybody else seeing similar things? Or noticed an improvement since
1.0.1?

Jonathan - the 1.0.1 download isn't available on the Releases page, is there
anywhere I can grab this to do some more testing?

Thanks,

Andy