[mono-android] MV full error

King Coffee kcoffee at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 12 01:04:25 UTC 2012

Hi mono support,

I'm dynamically loading a image. The function below can be executed 3 times
be for the log box reports an error (See below). How can I recover MV space.
I tried GC.Collect() and GC finalizerwait... but with no effect.

IDE: Windows Mono for Android 4.0.6

        private void showImage(String map)
        {
            if (spTN.SelectedItemPosition == 0)
            {
                image.SetImageBitmap(null);
                return;
            }

            if (String.IsNullOrEmpty(map))
            {
                image.SetImageBitmap(null);
                spTN.SetSelection(0);
                return;
            }

            try
            {
                for (int i = 0; i < aasTN.Count; i++ )
                {
                    if (aasTN.GetItem(i).ToString().ToLower() ==
map.ToLower())
                    {
                        spTN.SetSelection(i);
                        String images = IO.Path.Combine(bl.FileRoot,
"images");
                        String[] matches = IO.Directory.GetFiles(images, map
+ ".*");
                        System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(matches[0]);
                        Bitmap bitmap =
BitmapFactory.DecodeFile(matches[0]);
                        image.SetImageBitmap(bitmap);
                        return;
                    }
                }
                image.SetImageBitmap(null);
                spTN.SetSelection(0);
            }
            catch (Exception e)
            {
                Log.Error("Error reading image", e.ToString());
            }
        }
    }

The Log states that the MV is Full, See image:
http://mono-for-android.1047100.n5.nabble.com/file/n5634404/MV-is-Full.jpg