[MonoTouch] The beginnings of MonoTouch.....was it Cocoa#?

Wally McClure theevilprogrammer at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 1 09:54:56 EDT 2010

I don't know about the longterm history, but I know a very little bit shortterm.  This was gleaned from listening to Joe Hill speak at devLink in Nashville last month.  Joe said that there had been some work done towards supporting the mac directly (perhaps MonoMac).  Last year, they noticed how a lot of developers had iPhones.  I think that there was a skunworks type of work already going on with the iPhone, but that is personal opinion.  They saw the market need, began to apply their existing work from MonoMac and and the result was MonoTouch.  I'm sure that the Novell guys will fill in the missing pieces and will fix what I said.

Anyway, take that for what it is worth and what you paid for it.

Wally