[Moonlight-list] Problem running MoonLight desklet examples

localhero casperagerskov81 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 05:14:26 EDT 2009

Hello all

I've run into a runtime problem when trying the MoonLight desklet examples,
which come with the Moon 1.0.1 release. So far I've been able to build and
install the following

- Mono 2.2
- gtk 2.8.5
- MoonLight 1.0.1

Now, when trying to run for instance 'example-glassymonitor', I get the
following error:

ManagedXamlLoader::LoadObject (monitor.dll, monitor.dll, , Desklets.Monitor)
failed: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: source (System.ArgumentNullException).
Could not parse element Canvas, attribute Class, error: Unable to resolve
x:Class type 'Desklets.Monitor;assembly=monitor.dll'

All other examples fail in a similar way. If I remove the X:class code
behind reference in the example default.xaml, then the desklet does open a
window and  there are no fatal errors occurring.

Does anyone have an idea about what the problem can be? :-) Thanks in
advance.