[Moonlight-list] Problem running MoonLight desklet examples

Rolf Bjarne Kvinge rolflists at ya.com
Fri Mar 13 18:29:24 EDT 2009

Hi,

> Hello all
>
> I've run into a runtime problem when trying the MoonLight desklet
> examples, which come with the Moon 1.0.1 release. So far I've been able to
build
> and install the following

You're mixing versions a bit, Moonlight 1.* does not support desklets (which
require managed code).

Moonlight 2.0 will when it comes out.

The reason svn/Moon 1.0 source code has desklets at all is that we had some
early support for managed code (disabled in the  Moonlight 1.0 release since
Silverlight 1.0 doesn't have managed code).

We're now working on Moonlight 2.0, however due to the code changing very
rapidly the desklets have fallen behind and in svn they're currently broken.
This will get fixed later on (so all you need is a little patience ;-)

Rolf