[Moonlight-list] branches, betas, oh my

Chris Toshok toshok at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 02:43:55 EST 2009

I branched trunk for the moonlight-2.0 release tonight.  Trunk is now
open for 3.0 work, pixel shaders, pal work, video4linux work, etc.

I also tagged from the 2.0 branch for beta 8 (1.99.8), which we'll
hopefully get out the door tomorrow.

Things are going to be a little more complicated wrt the beta with the
number of branches to cherrypick between, but I think we're sitting ok
for it and shouldn't need any fixes.

 From here on out all changes potentially targeted at 2.0 should first
be checked into trunk.  instead of passing diffs around via monobin or
urls or pasting into irc, we can just refer to svn revisions.  That way
we can all see if the tests pass with a given revision (basically trunk
becomes the try-server).  We need to be real sticklers for what makes it
into 2.0.  At this point the default should be "no", unless there's a
compelling reason to accept it, and only after many of us have taken a
look at a given change.  Verification/security fixes, as well as good
performance fixes get pretty much a free pass to "compelling", but other
feature/bug related things need a closer eye.  No more rubber stamping
reviews, please.

The more complicated state of affairs for the beta would obviously
require checking into 2 different locations on top of trunk, so let's
just not put anything else in the beta :)

the urls are:

2.0 branch:  svn+ssh://mono-cvs.ximian.com/source/branches/moon/moon-2-0/
1.99.8 tag: svn+ssh://mono-cvs.ximian.com/source/branches/moon/1.99.8/

I also think tomorrow we should move the bulk of the bots to running
against the 2.0 branch, with a skeleton crew of bots on trunk.

thoughts?

Chris