[Moonlight-list] branches, betas, oh my

Alan McGovern alan.mcgovern at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 05:11:41 EST 2009

Hey,

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 7:43 AM, Chris Toshok <toshok at gmail.com> wrote:

> I branched trunk for the moonlight-2.0 release tonight.  Trunk is now
> open for 3.0 work, pixel shaders, pal work, video4linux work, etc.

I've been waiting for this for a while :) However, it leaves us with an
interesting problem - We need to be able to run our moon-units under both
the 3.0 quirks profile and 3.0 regular profile. It's not something we need
to deal with right now, but we will have to sooner or later.

I also think tomorrow we should move the bulk of the bots to running
> against the 2.0 branch, with a skeleton crew of bots on trunk.

By the sounds of it we're going to be committing very little to the branch.
So, does it really make sense to move the bulk of the bots to the 2.0 branch
lanes just so they can sit idle? I'd guess that the most we'd need would be
two lanes (x86 and x86-64) with two bots each. Of course, if do we end up
committing a lot to the branch we could review this, but I'd suspect that
it'd be plenty.

Alan.