[Moonlight-list] Video on demand player NPO

Sjoerd Tieleman sjoerd.tieleman at omroep.nl
Wed Nov 18 04:02:10 EST 2009

Good morning,

As I'm new to this list I'd like to introduce myself: I am a developer
for the Dutch public broadcast organisation (NPO) and we have a large
video on demand archive containing most of the public broadcasts from
the last 4 years. New content is added every day, about 10 mins after
it was broadcast on TV. We stream video in several formats, most
noticably Windows Media (mms delivery) and QuickTime (rtsp delivery).

Recently we have added a Silverlight v2 player to our main site: <http://www.uitzendinggemist.nl/
 > which uses the mms streams. We've had some success getting this
player to run on the Moonlight 2.0 betas, but the latest beta 8 seems
to provide worse playback than earlier betas (I've had success running
it on beta 5).

Is it possible to have our player added to the Moonlight 2.0 test
sites? This is a production player that has been in use for some
months now and is being used a lot on the websites of the different
public broadcast organisations in the Netherlands and we'd love to
have it work properly on Moonlight as well.

The Uitzending Gemist website is entirely in Dutch unfortunately. But
I have also created a stand-alone page with only the player at: <http://misc.omroep.nl/slplayer/
 >.

Any comments/suggestions are highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Sjoerd Tieleman
--
Sjoerd Tieleman