[Moonlight-list] Video on demand player NPO

Sjoerd Tieleman sjoerd.tieleman at omroep.nl
Wed Nov 18 07:44:07 EST 2009

Hi Rolf,

Thank you for your response.

On Nov 18, 2009, at 1:01 PM, Rolf Bjarne Kvinge wrote:

>> The Uitzending Gemist website is entirely in Dutch unfortunately. But
>> I have also created a stand-alone page with only the player at:
>> <http://misc.omroep.nl/slplayer/  >.
>
> I've just tried this link with the current HEAD (which is after beta
> 8,
> there have been a few minor mms fixes since beta 8), and it seems to
> work
> fine.
>
> Exactly what kind of problems do you have? What happens (or not)? If
> you
> could can execute firefox like this:
>
> MOONLIGHT_DEBUG=mms firefox http://misc.omroep.nl/slplayer/
>
> and attach the result to a mail, I might be able to diagnose it.

I've experienced extremely choppy play on my MacBook Pro (using
VMWare) using beta 8. However, I'm testing it now on my Mac Pro (again
using VMWare) and it seems to work correctly. I will try to reproduce
it later this day, I don't have access to my MBP at the moment. One
thing I do notice is that the upscaling in Moonlight for full screen
video seems to work differently than the scaling in Silverlight while
playing content, see (be sure to watch them at 100%):

http://misc.omroep.nl/slplayer/silverlight.jpg
http://misc.omroep.nl/slplayer/moonlight.jpg

I'm also having issues scrubbing to a different timestamp in the
video, in Moonlight it does not always jump to the correct spot. After
you scrub it may play for a few seconds and then after some time it
will jump to the correct spot.
I've uploaded the debug output at:

http://misc.omroep.nl/slplayer/mmsdebug.txt

Also, when I scrub I do not see the "Buffering" indicator that I would
normally see when using the Silverlight plug-in.

> I also tried a few links on the main site, but got a "Only available
> in
> Netherlands" error.

Sorry about that. At the moment it is supposed to be viewable outside
the Netherlands, but not all content may be available. It is however
the same player as on the previous URL.

Kind regards,
Sjoerd.

--