[Moonlight-list] How: Compiling Silverlight Apps?

TheNut nate at nutty.ca
Sat Nov 21 21:46:18 EST 2009

I've migrated some of my Silverlight projects over to Linux and I'd like to
be able to build and run them there rather than depend on VS (building stuff
on my netbook). I've setup a makefile and used mono's smcs compiler with all
the necessary references and resources to build the assemblies and
everything so far is ok, but there's a step missing that prevents me from
completing the process. I need to be able to build the Application / Pages /
User controls into the assembly. If I add them into the compiler (compile
xaml.cs files, add xamls as resources), I get an error that
InitializeComponent() doesn't exist for all code-behind pages. Anyone care
to lend a hand here?

BTW, unless I totally missed it something like this should be documented on
the website so people can build against mono instead of VS. With the release
of SL3 and now SL4 beta, it's difficult producing compatible binaries for
Moonlight.

Thanks.