[Moonlight-list] Video on demand player NPO

Sjoerd Tieleman sjoerd.tieleman at omroep.nl
Mon Nov 30 04:27:37 EST 2009

Hi Rolf,

On Nov 24, 2009, at 3:26 PM, Rolf Bjarne Kvinge wrote:

[snip]

>>> I'm also having issues scrubbing to a different timestamp in the
>>> video, in Moonlight it does not always jump to the correct spot.
>>> After
>>> you scrub it may play for a few seconds and then after some time it
>>> will jump to the correct spot.
>>> I've uploaded the debug output at:
>>>
>>> http://misc.omroep.nl/slplayer/mmsdebug.txt
>>>
>>> Also, when I scrub I do not see the "Buffering" indicator that I
>>> would
>>> normally see when using the Silverlight plug-in.
>>
>> I see this too now, I'll try to find a fix asap.
>
> Both of these issues have also been fixed now.
>
> I'm not sure these fixes will get into the imminent Moonlight 2.0
> release
> though.

Just to add some extra information: the problems with choppy playback
that I have had seem to be (at least partially) related to Ubuntu.
There are no problems on Ubuntu 9.04, but after upgrading to 9.10
playback is problematic. I am not sure how this relates to the
Moonlight project, it might be something that originates from Ubuntu.
I have only tested this in a VM, and have not yet tested this on a
"native" Ubuntu install so I have not narrowed it down completely.

Thanks for the help so far!

Kind regards,

Sjoerd Tieleman.

--