[Moonlight-list] System.Net.Sockets.AddressFamily Conflicts

TheNut nate at nutty.ca
Thu Jan 7 18:53:38 EST 2010

FYI this is for Mono 2.6.1 (2.1 assemblies), as well as the latest Moonlight
2.0 runtime. I'm attempting to port and build my socket library from SL in
Windows.

When I go to compile my project, smcs reports that AddressFamily is defined
in two assemblies, System.dll and System.Net.dll, both using the same
namespace. I compared it against MS official SL 3.0 assemblies and
System.dll should not contain the System.Net.Sockets namespace, yet
moonlight does and includes definitions for unofficially supported protocols
as well.

To test this, you can compile the following simple class:

using System.Net.Sockets;

public class MyClass
{
   public test ()
   {
      Socket sock = new Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork,
SocketType.Stream, Protocol.Tcp);
   }
}

Compile: smcs test.cs

You will get the error that AddressFamily is defined in two locations.