[Moonlight-list] System.Net.Sockets.AddressFamily Conflicts

TheNut nate at nutty.ca
Thu Jan 7 23:25:04 EST 2010

Sebastien Pouliot-2 wrote:

> (i.e. the raw 2.1 assemblies from mcs are unusable).

They are? Why would the mono project refer to them as "Moonlight assemblies"
and build them if they are unusable? Except for some missing assemblies
(System.Windows), a quick glance in Reflector shows most of the namespaces
and classes are proper.

Sebastien Pouliot-2 wrote:

> Please look at the path of the assemblies you're comparing from. I doubt
> it's coming from Moonlight (at least for System.dll) since we (and our
> build bots) would be unable to build Moonlight in this case.

I opened the assemblies using Reflector and it's where I deduced the
problem. Both the 2.1 compiled assemblies from mono and the Moonlight 2.0
alpha Firefox plugin assemblies have this namespace conflict.

Sebastien Pouliot-2 wrote:

> You're likely using System.dll from 2.0 and System.Net.dll from 2.1
> (e.g. a path issue). Make sure the right assemblies are being referenced
> by the compiler.

I thought that at first and then added the option "-noconfig" to the smcs
compiler. I manually specified the locations to the assembly files, but it
still had the error. It was after this I examined the assemblies in
Reflector and noticed the conflict.

Also note that my game engine has a ton of other Silverlight code. I have a
software renderer, scene management, tons of UI controls, various high level
APIs, etc... The library compiles fine. It's only my Socket code that is
throwing this error.